In-House Staff Positions
Position Title: Child Scholarship and Volunteer Coordinator
Supervisor Title: Global Village Programs Manager
Department: Global Village
The Alliance for African Assistance assists refugees, immigrants, the economically challenged and underserved to become self sufficient members of their communities. In the United States, we help newly arrived refugees in the San Diego area adjust to American life and culture. In Uganda, we empower children to transform their lives through education.
ALLIANCE FOR AFRICAN ASSISTANCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
HELPING REFUGEES FROM ACROSS THE GLOBE AND THE UNDERSERVED
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday, and will include working on the weekend on some occasions. The Child Scholarship Program is operated through our office in Uganda, which connects children to donors from around the world to help them complete their education without financial barriers. The coordinator will spend 20-30 hours per week working on the Child Scholarship Program and especially outreaching to the community to gain new sponsors. The coordinator will also spend 10-20 hours per week overseeing the volunteer and intern program and other agency-wide development activities.
Description of duties performed
This is a very multi-dimensional position that will draw on a variety of professional skills. The primary function is to do outreach and gain sponsors, as well as volunteers. This will mean networking and finding community events to speak at and table at. The coordinator will also track donations and maintain communication with donors. They will be the primary recruiter and communicator for volunteers for the agency. They will also do various writing projects to promote the overall mission of Alliance for African Assistance, in addition to other duties the Program Manager may assign.
- Post secondary degree in marketing, non-profit management, business administration, or related field.
- A strong understanding of San Diego County and outreach/networking opportunities required.
- Outstanding command of Microsoft Office, Google Drive (Docs, Spreadsheets, and Presentations).
- Outstanding accuracy in data entry and numerical calculations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have an excellent phone and interpersonal demeanor and present themselves professionally.
- Experience using Mail Chimp, Sales Force, Word Press, Flickr, and Weebly preferred.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement in PDF format to email@example.com