In-House Staff Positions
Position Title: Interpreter Scheduler
Supervisor Title: Global Village Program Coordinator Department: Global Village Language & Cultural Solutions
Alliance for African Assistance
The Alliance for African Assistance assists refugees, immigrants, the economically challenged and under- served to become self sufficient members of their communities. In the United States, we help newly arrived refugees in the San Diego area adjust to American life and culture. In Uganda, we provide educational scholarships to children with limited opportunities.
ALLIANCE FOR AFRICAN ASSISTANCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER HELPING REFUGEES FROM ACROSS THE GLOBE AND UNDER-SERVED
The Language and Cultural Solutions Interpreter Scheduler will work in the Interpretation and Translation Department, which provides language services throughout San Diego County.
This position is responsible for scheduling appointments on a daily basis, by email, phone and using the automated scheduling system. The Interpreter Scheduler will be responsible for maintaining a current database of interpreters while monitoring language interpretation needs as well as handling interpreter/provider relations by answering calls regarding confirmations, cancellations, extensions and any other emergencies that may arise during interpreters’ assignments.
Other duties include uploading and approving vouchers submitted as proof of service and assisting the Program Associate with applicant calls and recruiting independently contracted interpreters according to language needs as needed. The Interpreter Scheduler may be occasionally asked to assist the Program Associate and the Program Coordinator with other regular administrative tasks.
This position is a full-time, 40 hour/week position.
Description of duties performed
Organize, schedule and manage Interpreting Appointments
Respond to Appointment Questions
Handle Interpreter Cancellations and Confirmations
Troubleshoot voucher issues
Respond to incoming calls from customers and interpreters
Assist with scheduling recruiting of interpreters as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Interpretation/Translation, Business Administration, Marketing, Communication, Accounting or Linguistics Preferred.
- Extremely efficient, excellent time-management skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent customer service skills, particularly over the phone.
- Background in interpreting or in the language industry and knowledge of interpreting standards and ethics strongly preferred.
- Tech-savvy. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive and generally comfortable with online tools (scheduling platforms, databases, etc.).
- Cross cultural experience preferred
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Bilingual big Plus
- This position may require some driving, and applicants are expected to have a car, with current registration and insurance.
- Any other assigned duties
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.