Global Village Language & Cultural Solutions is constantly recruiting freelance interpreters. We encourage freelance contractors to submit their information by clicking the following link.
Global Village is currently looking for a full time Program Associate to join our team.
Position Title: Language & Cultural Solutions Program Associate
Supervisor: Global Village Program Manager
Department: Global Village Language & Cultural Solutions
Alliance for African Assistance
The Alliance for African Assistance assists refugees, immigrants, the economically challenged and underserved to become self-sufficient members of their communities. In the United States, we help newly arrived refugees in the San Diego area adjust to American life and culture. In Uganda, we provide educational scholarships to children with limited opportunities.
ALLIANCE FOR AFRICAN ASSISTANCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER HELPING REFUGEES FROM ACROSS THE GLOBE AND UNDERSERVED
The Language and Cultural Solutions Program Associate will work in the Interpretation and Translation Department, which provides language services throughout San Diego County.
This position is responsible for assisting in scheduling and troubleshooting appointments on a daily basis, by email, phone and using the automated scheduling system. The Program Associate will be responsible for maintaining a current database of interpreters and starting the recruiting and assessment process for new interpreters as well as for rare language requests.
Other duties include uploading and approving vouchers submitted as proof of service and facilitating virtual video interpreting sessions. The Program Associate may be occasionally asked to assist with Translation requests or other regular administrative tasks.
This position is a full-time, 40 hour/week position.
Description of duties performed
- Organize, schedule and troubleshoot Interpreting Appointments, request Extensions
- Assist and provide support during virtual interpreting sessions, troubleshoot and coordinate with providers in preparation for larger meetings requiring simultaneous interpretation
- Research rare language interpreters and find resources in the community for the recruitment of new interpreters
- Troubleshoot voucher issues
- Respond to incoming calls from customers and interpreters
• Bachelor’s degree in Interpretation/Translation, Business Administration, Marketing, Communication, Accounting or Linguistics Preferred.
• Extremely efficient, excellent time-management skills and detail oriented.
• Excellent customer service skills, particularly over the phone.
• Background in interpreting or in the language industry and knowledge of interpreting standards and ethics strongly preferred.
• Tech-savvy. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive and generally comfortable with online tools (scheduling platforms, databases, etc.).
• Cross cultural experience preferred
• Great verbal and written communication skills.
• Comfortable dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
• Bilingual big Plus
• This position may require some driving, and applicants are expected to have a car, with current registration and insurance.
• Any other assigned duties
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.